On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to
8.1 Pharmaceutics-VI (T)
- Explain needs & safety of novel pharmaceuticals for community
- Justify proper use of Novel drug delivery system for various purposes
- Understand and apply basic concepts of nanotechnology and nanoscience
- Discuss & improve stability aspect of pharmaceutical for patient safety.
- Design & develop Novel drug delivery system for community
8.1 Pharmaceutics-VI (P)
- Justify appropriate use of novel drug delivery system
- Evaluate quality of novel pharmaceutical
- Choose modern methods to improve quality of pharmaceuticals
- Formulate various novel drug delivery system
- Select proper processing equipment & parameters for cost effective formulation for community
8.2 Medicinal Chemistry –IV (T)
- Explain basic principle for drug design
- Apply the CADD and molecular modeling knowledge in designing of new drug molecules.
- To compare and analyze various methods of molecular modeling
- Describe enzymes, peptides in drug design.
- Discuss the concept of genetic engineering in medicinal chemistry.
8.2 Medicinal Chemistry –IV (P)
- Synthesize medicinally important organic compounds using microwave assisted organic synthesis.
- Apply recrystallization, filtration and precipitation techniques of organic compounds along with reaction & mechanism.
- Synthesize medicinally important organic compounds by green chemistry.
- Characterization by melting point / boiling point / thin layer chromatography / ultra-violet spectroscopy / IR spectroscopy.
- Establishing the pharmaceutical standards of drug synthesized
8.3 Pharmaceutical Analysis –IV (T)
- Apply the principle of quality assurance in pharmaceutical evaluation
- Identify various statistical quality control tests.
- Classify the use of various analytical techniques in appropriate analysis
- Categories between various analytical instruments and its application
- Justify the use of subject for social and professional development
8.3 Pharmaceutical Analysis –IV (P)
- Recall the importance of analysis in pharmaceutical industry
- Discuss the various techniques for evaluate quality of pharmaceuticals
- Explain stability aspect of pharmaceuticals
- Choose the official and non-official methods to analyses the related substance.
8.4 Pharmacognosy –VI (T)
- Study quality control and standardization of herbal drugs
- Formulate and develop Ayurvedic, Siddha and Unani formulations
- Study herbal cosmetics and nutraceuticals
- Role of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants in National Economy
- Apply the knowledge of Pharmacological screening methods
8.4 Pharmacognosy –VI (P)
- Study extraction, isolation and purification of phytocompounds from herbal drugs
- Evaluate phytocompounds by thin layer chromatography and column chromatography
- Macro- and microscopical evaluation of herbal drugs
- Estimate plant phytoconstituents using modern methods
- Review of recent literatures appearing on phytopharmaceuticals used in treatment of diseases
8.5 Clinical Pharmacotherapeutics (T)
- Explain Pathophysiology of various diseases
- Suggest effective drugs to be used for particular condition
- Demonstrate use of pathological lab values in certain conditions
- Explain signs and symptoms associated with disease
- Describe the principles of toxicology and treatment of poisoning