On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to
BP601T Medicinal Chemistry-III
- Demonstrate the importance of chemistry in the development and application of therapeutic drugs
- Develop an understanding of the physico-chemical properties of drugs.
- Understand how changes in the chemical structure of drugs affect efficacy
- Understand how current drugs were developed and how new scientific techniques will provide future drugs.
- Provide ability to make optimal patient-specific therapeutic decisions in clinical set up.
BP602T Pharmacology- III
- Understand the mechanism of drug action and its relevance in the treatment of different infectious diseases
- Comprehend the principles of toxicology and treatment of various poisonings
- Appreciate correlation of pharmacology with related medical sciences
BP603T Herbal Drug Technology
- Recall the fundamental concepts of herbal raw materials and biodynamic agriculture techniques
- Understand the concept of nutraceuticals and herbal food interactions.
- Apply the knowledge for evaluation and preparation of herbal formulations
- Remember the regulatory guidelines for the assessment of herbal drugs and patenting
- Illustrate the scope and future prospects of the herbal drug industry
BP604T Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Recall human anatomy of human body
- Recall various theories of dissolution of drug molecules
- Relate different mechanism of absorption of compounds with respect to their biological membrane
- Explain the linkage between absorption & the distribution of drug molecules
- Explain in detail various mechanism of eliminations for drug molecules
BP605T Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Remember the basic concepts of biotechnology with respect to enzyme technology, immunology, microbial technology, genetic engineering and protein engineering
- Understand the steps involved in development of biosensors, recombinant products and concepts of immunology.
- Compare the genetic organization of different types of cells and to list detection methods at genomic level, gene transfer methods and mutagens.
- Explain general requirements of fermentative production and biotechnological production of pharmaceuticals.
- Elaborate on microbial genetics, biotransformation and various immunological products.
BP606 T Quality Assurance
- Remember the concepts of quality assurance, quality management and ICH guidelines.
- Explain the ISO, NABL and QbD concepts in pharmaceutical industry
- Analyze quality control parameters and good laboratory practices in pharmaceutical industry
- Evaluate the complaints and documents maintenance in industry with required regulatory guidelines.
- Elaborate the calibration, validation procedures and good warehousing practices.
BP607P Medicinal Chemistry-III
- Define and select the method for preparation of drugs and intermediates
- Explain principle underlying the preparation of drugs
- Choose the method for assay of drugs by quantitative analysis
- Compare the advantages of microwave technique over conventional synthesis of drugs
- Predict the relation between physicochemical properties and biological activity
BP608P Pharmacology- III
- Understand the concept of in-Vivo Pharmacology
- Study the pathological assays methods employed in Pharmacology
- Study bio statistical methods in experimental pharmacology and calculation of pharmacokinetic parameters
BP609 P Herbal Drug Technology
- Remember different preliminary phytochemical screening of crude drugs
- Evaluate the various herbal formulations
- Apply monographic analysis of herbal drugs as per pharmacopoeias
- Evaluate parameters such as aldehyde and phenol contents