On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to
7.1 Pharmaceutics-V (T)
- Explain various dosage forms their importance for community.
- Justify proper use dosage forms for safety of community.
- Understand the regulatory & IPR issues of dosage forms.
- Discuss & improve stability aspect of pharmaceutical for patient safety.
- Design & develop various dosage forms for patient compliance.
7.1 Pharmaceutics-V (P)
- Justify appropriate use various dosage forms.
- Evaluate quality of dosage forms.
- Choose modern methods to improve quality of pharmaceuticals.
- Formulate various types of dosage forms.
- Apply knowledge & skill to eliminate problem associated with dosage forms.
7.2 Medicinal Chemistry –III (T)
- Summarize the category of Drugs used in different disease conditions.
- Explain the Structure Activity Relationship, mechanism of action, synthesis and use of Cardiovascular, CNS and Urinary agents.
- Elaborate general aspects of the design & development of drugs.
- Discuss Isolation and purification of medicinal compounds from natural origin.
- To design around the various market approved drug molecules.
7.2 Medicinal Chemistry –III (P)
- Understand and develop skills in various purification techniques of medicinally important organic compounds.
- Synthesize, recrystallize and understand reaction mechanisms involved in synthesis of medicinally important organic compounds.
- Synthesize medicinally important organic compounds using microwave assisted organic synthesis.
- Characterization by melting point / boiling point / thin layer chromatography / ultra-violet spectroscopy / IR spectroscopy.
- Establishing the pharmaceutical standards of drug synthesized.
7.3 Clinical Pharmacy
- Identify and resolve drug related problems.
- Interpret disease state based on theoretical data.
- Catagorize factor associated for causing of diseases & its symptoms.
7.4 Pharmacognosy-V (T)
- Study different techniques of chromatography.
- Study extraction, isolation, purification and characterization of phytocompounds.
- Explain plant tissue culture techniques.
- Use herbal drugs in the treatment of disease ailments.
- Apply the knowledge of Pharmacognosy such as patents on phytochemicals in other subjects of pharmacy.
7.4 Pharmacognosy-V (P)
- Apply chromatographic techniques in evaluation of phytochemicals.
- Understand and explain source, isolation, estimation and characterization techniques of phytochemicals.
- Categories plant drugs and their active constituents effective against advanced diseases
- Determine trade of crude drugs.
- Apply knowledge of intellectual property rights with reference to phytochemicals.
7.5 Pharmaceutical Analysis –III (T)
- Apply the principle of analysis in Pharmaceutical evaluation.
- Make the use of theoretical knowledge in Quality Control testing.
- Classify the use of various analytical instruments in appropriate evaluation.
- Distinguish between various analytical instruments and its application.
- Justify the use of subject for social and professional development.
7.6 Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence (T)
- Describe the significance and relevance of Pharmaceutical laws in India and role of Ethics in pharmacy profession while dealing with patients, public, fellow pharmacist and members of medical profession.
- Ability to know various schedules and their applications in pharmacy as well as laws and penalties.
- Ability to apply and knowledge of various drug licenses, registration certificate, cancellation of licenses.
- Explain the role of various Regulatory bodies like Advisory, analytical, executive bodies.
- Ability to apply administrative management skills.